Task: Manufacture, supply and install a custom play tower.
Client: ULS Group
End User: College Green Berwick Waters
ULS Group undertook a large landscaping construction project at College Green Berwick Waters.
They engaged TRJ Engineering, a preferred playground manufacturer, in order to fabricate the custom playtower.
Nowadays, this attraction is very popular with young residents at the estate!
SCOPE OF PROJECT:
- TRJ designed and manufactured custom play equipment based upon architectural drawings.
- The equipment consists of twin towers, which are connected by a bridge. There are internal climbing platforms, an internal fireman’s pole, and external tyre walls.
- Due to the size and shape of the tower, we manufactured the unit in 3 sections. Thus, we were able to paint and transport the product to the site.
- After fabrication, the sections were lifted into position via crane, then joined together on site.
- TRJ Engineering installed:
- All timber slats (internal and external)
- Internal perforated panels
- Woven wire window openings
- Tyre walls
- Fireman’s pole
- The finished unit measures 7.5m long x 2.1m wide x 4.4m high.
- The frame work was blasted & painted using a 3 coat epoxy system. This 3 coat system consists of:
- A zinc rich primer
- Base coat
- Top coats to the customer’s desired colour palette
- HS steel
- Timber slats
- Perforated panels
- Stainless Steel woven wire